2017-2018 Chinese Government Scholarship Now Accepting Applications
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) is provided by the Chinese Ministry of Education and administered by the China Scholarship Council (CSC), offering full funding for undergraduate and graduate level studies at all major universities recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education in Mainland China.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese Nationals.
- Students directly matriculate into Chinese universities.
- Scholarship covers full tuition, accommodation, medical insurance, and a modest monthly stipend, to name a few aspects.
- Both language study and undergraduate/graduate programs are available.
More detailed information about CGS can be found here.
Georgetown has been offered three scholarships by the Chinese Embassy for students to study in China in the 2017-2018 academic year. Interested candidates should follow the procedure below to complete their applications. The application deadline is March 20, 2017.
- Applicants should complete the CGS online application at www.campuschina.org (Instructions attached).
- Print and send the application materials to Ms. CHEN Li, Education Office of the Chinese Embassy, 3505 International Place NW, Washington DC, 20008, no later than March 20, 2017. See list of required materials in the PDF below.
- The Chinese Embassy Education Office will issue a recommendation letter to the approved students in early April. Students can then use that letter to apply for admission to their targeted Chinese universities, and get (pre-) admission letter(s) from those Chinese universities. CSC maintains a list of Chinese universities accepting international students through CGS.
- Once the applicant receives the (pre-) admission letter(s), he/she should send the scanned version to Ms. Chen Li at the Chinese Embassy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 25, 2017. The embassy will include the letter in the student’s application package and mail it to CSC in Beijing for final approval.
- CSC will arrange a panel to review the application materials. Once approved, CSC will mail the student visa application form (the 201 form), the formal admission letter, as well as other materials to the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy in Washington in late July 2017, for distribution to relevant applicants.
Further questions about the CGS and application process should be directed to Ms. Chen Li in the Chinese Embassy at 202-243-1165, or email@example.com.