Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
Jeni Klugman is the managing director at the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security. She regularly participates in major global gender policy initiatives, including most recently the Lancet Series on Gender Equality, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s strategy on women’s economic empowerment, and the Council on Foreign Relations' Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion and Global Growth. She is currently a member of The Lancet Global Commission on Gender and Health. She is advising UN Women, VicHealth (Australia) to bring behavioral insights to advancing gender equality, the World Bank and partners on justice for women, the World Bank on the gender dimensions of forced displacement, and the U.N. Development Program on human mobility. She is a participant in the Initiative for U.S.-China Dialogue on Global Issues Research Group on Women and Society.
- Led a team in partnership with the Peace Research Institute of Oslo to create the 2019/2020 Women Peace and Security Index.
- Served as director of gender and development at the World Bank.
- Served as a fellow at the Kennedy School of Government’s Women in Public Policy Program at Harvard University.
- Former director and lead author of three global Human Development Reports published by the UNDP.
- Included in Apolitical’s list of the World’s 100 Most Influential People in Gender Policy in 2018 and 2019.