Jennifer Huang Bouey
Department of International Health
Initiative for U.S.-China Dialogue on Global Issues
Jennifer Huang Bouey is an associate professor of epidemiology and the Susan H. Mayer Professor for health equity in the Department of International Health at the School of Nursing & Health Studies. A member of the faculty advisory committee for the Initiative for U.S.-China Dialogue on Global Issues, she joined the Georgetown faculty in 2005.
Major international activities include:
- Principal investigator on NIH funded projects “Sexual Health among Low-Income Female CSW in China” (NICHD R21) and “Risks for HIV/STI’s and Their Psychological Correlates among Chinese MSM” (NICHD R01-subcontract); co-investigator of an NIH-sponsored pilot project on "HIV among African migrants in China" (2016-2017).
- Member of several review committees including: Hong Kong Food and Health Bureau Health and Medical Research Fund Review Committee (2015); NIDA/NIH committee “HIV/AIDS implementation Science targeting Drug use Populations: A collaboration with PEPFAR” (2011).
- Director of the Georgetown-Fudan Global Health summer program (2009-2014).
- Author of over 60 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Adjunct professor at International Master of Public Health program, School of Life Science, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.